Saturday 7 March 2015

There will come a time where you will feel lost




Lately I have been feeling quite lost in the daily routine of life and will find myself in a moment where I think to myself what is the purpose of all of this, why is time passing so fast and  why do I feel like I am wasting so much of it working when I could be traveling the world and making wonderful discoveries.

I have this confusion and these questions running through my mind, but then my mind comes back to the reality that I must work and live this structured life in order to make my dreams come true; the sad reality is that work equals money and money helps create most dreams. I do love my job, but sometimes I just need a break, I need me time! I have realized that I do tend to have a busy week as a result of work and some form of exercise after work and then on the weekends I catch up with a whole bunch of friends and run around doing all sorts of errands that I do not get a chance to do during the working week and then before I know it I end up having no down time, or time with myself and it is time to go back to a new week of work again.

I find myself doing things that are less kind to my mind and body in the craziness of this busy life style. I read less, I meditate less and when I do my mind is drifting off instead of being present in the moment....Being present in the moment is very hard in this day of age I find, and that's my main concern, it is so important to be present; the future and past is not here so why drift off into a place that isn't even existent right now.

I want to appreciate life like a did a few weeks ago, not be afraid to try new things, make amazing memories, read more, extend my mind and educate it further. I know this is a battle that will come and go just like every other battle each of us may face, the only way is to keep on working on our individual battles each day and when we get to a place that we feel we are progressing along, feel gratitude for that moment. As long as we are doing the best we can do at the time, that is more than enough.

This post has been very therapeutic for me and I feel much better, less lost and back on my path. I really need to make a new book purchase, reading does amazing things for the mind and a great brain exercise.

My goals for the up coming week are to:
-Meditate each day and be as present as I possibly can be.
-Read each day, even if a few chapters of a book or a blog post or article.
-Go outside and inhale and exhale 10 breaths of fresh air daily.
-Drink 5 bottles of water per day.
-Exercise each day, either go to the gym or for a brisk walk.
-Be grateful every moment I can be.
-Have more faith in myself.


Life can take you away a million times, but as long as you bring yourself back every time you will still be alive and free to live the life you choose.

No comments: